Infrared camera utilities
These are some utilities written to control my Infrared Camera system. They are here just for the online documentation of that system.
The ircam_* utilities are very specific to this hardware; the other programs that we wrote (notably the PulseBlaster, QuickUSB, Arduino and NI4462 utilities) are distributed separately
[There may be a little wider utility in ircam_serial_illuminate.c and cy7sd7_volt2temp.c.]
- ircam_serial_illuminate.c - illuminate the IRcamera with either a LED board or a torch. [This uses the RTS and DTR lines of a [USB] RS-232 serial-port to control 2 external devices.]
- cy7sd7_volt2temp.c - Convert the voltage of a Cryogenic CY7SD7 temperature-sensor into Kelvin. [A lookup table with interpolation.]
- ircam_temperature.sh - Measure temperature inside the dewar. [A simple script, specific to our hardware only, wraps cy7sd7_volt2temp.]
- ircam_init.sh - initialise all sub-systems to a known, sensible state. [An automated "pre-flight checklist" for ensuring a standard starting state of experiments.]
- ircam_batt_mon.sh - run in the background, constantly poll that the battery state is good. [A simple script, specific to our hardware only.]
- ircam_plcc84.sh - control a dummy dewar chip: useful for aligning optics. [A simple script, specific to our hardware only.]
- ircam_hw_check.sh - simple check that all the hardware is connected. [a trivial script.]
- ircam_inspect_focus.sh - quick hack: observe the underside of the dewar with a webcam. [a trivial script.]
- To install, simply: make && sudo make install.
- This is Free Software released under the GNU GPL v3+.
- Author: Richard Neill.
This was originally written as part of my PhD Infrared Camera system.
Some selected files, from the tarball:
Return to all programs, site home.